Michael Gershoni devotes his practice to intellectual property litigation and counseling with a particular emphasis on brand protection and emerging technologies, such as blockchain, non-fungible tokens (NFTs), web3, and metaverse-related applications and products.
Mr. Gershoni has advised on and handled complex issues for industry-leading clients involving utility patents, design patents, trademarks, trade dress, copyrights, trade secrets, and unfair competition claims. Mr. Gershoni has represented clients in matters before various federal and state courts, the International Trade Commission (including within the 100-Day Pilot Program), and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Mr. Gershoni’s recent experience in emerging technologies involve blockchain & NFT-related utility patent analyses, guiding clients on setting up NFT product offerings and marketplaces, advising on intellectual property rights in digital assets, and keeping clients up-to-date on emerging trends and utility cases in the NFT market.
Mr. Gershoni is an NFT and crypto-related contributor to the TMT Time podcast and a contributing author of the Patent Litigation and Patent Litigation Strategies Handbook.
"Ones to Watch" — Litigation: Intellectual Property (D.C.) (2022-2024)
"Ones to Watch" — Patent (D.C.) (2024)
- J.D., The George Washington University Law School, 2016, cum laude
- B.S.E., Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, 2013
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Member, AIPLA
- Member, Giles S. Rich American Inn of Court