Brendan Gibbons focuses on product liability, mass tort defense, and complex commercial litigation matters. He represents pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other consumer product manufacturers and retailers in product liability actions and other commercial disputes. He has defended clients in state and federal courts including multidistrict litigation proceedings, as well as in SEC proceedings and as creditors in bankruptcy court. Mr. Gibbons is a member of Arnold & Porter's hiring and new associate committees and is also an active member of the Firm's Pride affinity group for LGBT lawyers.
Mr. Gibbons is dedicated to pro bono work and concentrates on LGBT, immigration, family law, education law, and gun safety impact litigation lawsuits. Mr. Gibbons regularly partners with Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, Immigration Equality, Brooklyn Defender Services, and Advocates for Children in various matters.
Mr. Gibbons' experience includes serving as a legal intern at the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, and as a student prosecutor at the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York. He also interned for the Honorable Eric N. Vitaliano, United States District Court Judge, Eastern District of New York.
- Bayer Corporation in nationwide litigation involving Roundup.
- Helicopter manufacturer in state court case involving claims of fraudulent inducement and breaches of express and implied warranties.
- Pharmaceutical company in case brought by state attorney general alleging that defendants violated state law by engaging in sham patent litigation with prospective generic competitors.
- Pharmaceutical company in series of cases brought by prosecutors and third-party payors regarding fraudulent marketing of prescription drugs.
- Former CEO of manufacturing company in breach of fiduciary duty claims.
- Tiffany & Company in the Southern District of New York bankruptcy case of Republic Metals and in related litigation regarding the disputed ownership of refined metals.
- Eye surgery charity, as largest creditor and litigation trustee, in the SDNY bankruptcy case of WonderWork, Inc.
- Major accounting firm in connection with an independence investigation by the SEC and PCAOB.
- Investment bank in connection with an investigation by the SEC.
- J.D., Brooklyn Law School, 2015, cum laude
- B.A., Fordham University, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Board Member, Hamilton-Madison House
- Advisory Board Member, Brooklyn Defender Services, Family Defense Practice
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association Bankruptcy & Corporate Reorganization Committee