Brendan Gibbons focuses on product liability litigation, bankruptcy matters, creditor practice, and securities enforcement. Mr. Gibbons represents corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in litigation in both state and federal courts, bankruptcy courts, and appellate courts. Mr. Gibbons is a member of Arnold & Porter's hiring and new associate committees, and is also an active member of the Firm's Pride affinity group for LGBT lawyers.
Mr. Gibbons is dedicated to pro bono work. Recent pro bono successes include obtaining asylum status for a client on the basis of their imputed political opinion, as well as securing private school tuition for a New York City public school student who was denied a free appropriate public education.
Mr. Gibbons' experience includes serving as a legal intern at the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, and as a student prosecutor at the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York. He also interned for the Honorable Eric N. Vitaliano, United States District Court Judge, Eastern District of New York.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in state and federal litigation regarding FDA-approved prescription opioid medications.
- Helicopter manufacturer in state court case involving claims of fraudulent inducement and breaches of express and implied warranties.
- Luxury jewelry retailer and its subsidiaries in the SDNY bankruptcy case of Republic Metals and in related litigation regarding the disputed ownership of refined metals (In re Miami Metals I, Inc., No. 18-13359, Bankr. S.D.N.Y.).
- Eye surgery charity, as largest creditor and litigation trustee, in the SDNY bankruptcy case of WonderWork, Inc. (In re WonderWork, Inc., No. 16-13607, Bankr. S.D.N.Y.).
- Major accounting firm in connection with an independence investigation by the SEC and PCAOB.
- Investment bank in connection with an investigation by the SEC.
- Major pharmaceutical company in case brought by state attorney general alleging that defendants violated state law by engaging in sham patent litigation with prospective generic competitors.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2015, cum laude
- BA, Fordham University, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Advisory Board Member, Brooklyn Defender Services, Family Defense Practice
- Member, National LGBT Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association