Brendan Gibbons focuses on general commercial litigation, bankruptcy matters, creditor practice, and securities enforcement. Mr. Gibbons represents corporate clients, financial institutions, and individuals in litigation in both state and federal courts, bankruptcy courts, appellate courts, as well as in domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
Mr. Gibbons is dedicated to pro bono work. Recent pro bono successes include securing Social Security disability insurance benefits for a client and obtaining a grant of summary judgment for a severely disabled student and her parents who were sued by a professional caregiver.
Mr. Gibbons' experience includes serving as a legal intern at the United States Attorney's Office, Southern District of New York, and as a student prosecutor at the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of New York. He also interned for the Honorable Eric N. Vitaliano, United States District Court Judge, Eastern District of New York.
- Luxury jewelry retailer and its subsidiaries in the SDNY bankruptcy case of Republic Metals and in related litigation regarding the disputed ownership of refined metals (In re Miami Metals I, Inc., No. 18-13359, Bankr. S.D.N.Y.).
- Eye surgery charity, as largest creditor and litigation trustee, in the SDNY bankruptcy case of WonderWork, Inc. (In re WonderWork, Inc., No. 16-13607, Bankr. S.D.N.Y.).
- Major real estate developer in actions seeking corporate and LLC dissolution, breach of fiduciary duty, and breach of contract.
- Major accounting firm in connection with an independence investigation by the SEC and PCAOB.
- Investment bank in connection with an investigation by the SEC.
- Helicopter manufacturing company in state court case involving claims of fraudulent inducement and breaches of express and implied warranties.
- Eye surgery charity in fraudulent inducement and breach of contract claims stemming from a contractual dispute relating to the retention of a fundraising consultant.
- Major pharmaceutical company in case brought by state attorney general alleging that defendants violated state law by engaging in sham patent litigation with prospective generic competitors.
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, 2015, cum laude
- BA, Fordham University, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York