Joan Goddard has more than 25 years experience in the management of complex and mass tort litigations, including pharmaceutical, medical device and asbestos litigations. Joan's primary expertise is counseling clients as to the coordination and management of counsel in large litigations, developing best practices, and implementing cost containment measures.
- HT (Hormone Therapy) litigation. Joan coordinated the integration of the two preexisting separate counsel networks into a single coordinated counsel practice after the company's acquisition of a co-defendant; implemented the integration of counsel protocols, procedures, case management systems, billing practices and vendor networks. Pre-acquisition, involved with the national coordination of the litigation, including national budget management and management of counsel handling active cases in various jurisdictions.
- Chinese Drywall litigation. Joan provided advice of settlement administration and processing issues, including best practices and recommendations for cost savings.
- Pfizer, Boston Scientific, and additional clients in the development and management of alternative fee arrangements, including all-inclusive flat fees and unit pricing; also advised clients on the development and implementation of preferred provider relationships with vendors.
- Rezulin litigation. Joan participated in the national management of the litigation, particularly in terms of budget containment. Joan also participated in the management of counsel handling active cases in various jurisdictions and oversight of settlement administration of thousands of cases
- Depo Provera litigation. Joan involved with the development and implementation of a cost-efficient settlement administration program.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1982
- B.A., San Diego State University, 1978
- New York