Ryan Guilds’ practice focuses on intellectual property brand protection, complex products liability litigation, white collar defense, internal company compliance and ethics, and criminal law. Mr. Guilds has significant expertise addressing a variety of compliance initiatives, including the development of FCPA training and know your business partner compliance programs. Mr. Guilds also has more than a decade of experience implementing brand protection strategies and developing policies and procedures to mitigate the risk associated with in-house brand protection programs. He regularly assists clients in working with prosecutors and law enforcement regarding illicit trade investigations, engaging with regulatory agencies on substantive initiatives, and developing trade policies and programs.
- Large pharmaceutical client – developed comprehensive procedures and protocols in connection with the use of investigative resources to combat illegal trafficking in counterfeit and misbranded pharmaceutical products.
- Developed a compliance program and process in support of a global brand protection program.
- Created and implemented compliance reviews of customers in support of company-wide know your customer initiatives.
- Consumer products company – represented in negotiations with prosecutors regarding a wide range of requests for information from federal and state law enforcement agencies.
- US-based consumer products company – assisted in developing working beneficial relationships with federal and state prosecutors.
- Supervised the implementation of an international brand protection program in Asia.
- FORTUNE 500 company – developed a comprehensive know your business partner compliance program, including program design and structure, code of conduct/policy revision, training, and ongoing monitoring.
- Large US-based consumer products company – advised regarding post-closing compliance remediation following the acquisition of newly acquired business functions.
- JD, University of North Carolina School of Law, 1997, high honors
- BA, State University of New York at Buffalo, 1994, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
- US Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, The Honorable J. Dickson Phillips, Jr.