Jeffrey Horowitz is an experienced trial lawyer who has represented a wide range of clients in complex litigation and government investigations. Mr. Horowitz's diverse practice includes major product liability, intellectual property and qui tam matters, as well as internal investigations, regulatory and compliance counseling and litigation avoidance counseling.
Mr. Horowitz has tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts around the country, including New York, California, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a member of the adjunct faculty as a Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, where he teaches trial practice.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Horowitz served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New York. During his tenure, Mr. Horowitz represented the state in a wide variety of federal and state matters, including numerous federal civil rights actions.
Mr. Horowitz graduated cum laude from Temple University School of Law, where he received an award for Outstanding Oral Advocacy in trial advocacy, and the Harry R. Kozart Memorial Prize for excellence in product liability. Mr. Horowitz received his undergraduate degree, with honors, from Michigan State University, where he earned two Big Ten Conference Scholar Athlete Awards.
- Major brand name prescription drug manufacturer in qui tam litigation brought in Eastern District of Pennsylvania alleging off label and kickback claims under the False Claims Act.
- International pharmaceutical company on legal and regulatory compliance issues related to sales and marketing practices, as well as pharmacovigilance and safety reporting requirements.
- Major international pharmaceutical company in a federal investigation involving allegations of violations under the False Claims Act and Anti-Kickback Statute based on sales, marketing and pricing practices.
- Generic pharmaceutical company in a federal investigation stemming from a qui tam lawsuit alleging violations under the False Claims Act.
- Conducted compliance review and analysis of a consumer healthcare company embedded in an international brand pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- JD, Temple University School of Law, cum laude
- BA, with honors, Michigan State University
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Chairman, Board of Directors, New York Center for Law and Justice