Jeffrey Horowitz represents leading global pharmaceutical companies in a wide range of litigation and counseling matters. Mr. Horowitz is an experienced trial lawyer who has represented a wide range of clients in major product liability and other complex litigation. Mr. Horowitz's diverse practice also includes commercial litigation, government and internal investigations, regulatory and compliance counseling, and litigation risk and avoidance counseling.
Mr. Horowitz has tried cases to verdict in federal and state courts around the country, including New York, California, Delaware, New Jersey, Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is a member of the adjunct faculty as a Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, where he teaches trial practice. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Horowitz served as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New York. During his tenure, Mr. Horowitz represented New York in a wide variety of federal and state matters.
- International pharmaceutical company as global product liability counsel related to Covid-19 vaccine.
- Pfizer, national coordinating and trial counsel in Asbestos and Talc litigation.
- Hospira, co-national counsel in litigation involving allegations of failure to adequately warn of hair loss related to the chemotherapy drug Docetaxel.
- Viatris, national counsel in litigation involving allegations of cerebellar atrophy related to the antiepileptic Dilantin.
- Bayer in national litigation involving allegations of bleeding events related to the anticoagulant Xarelto.
- Pfizer trial counsel in national litigation involving allegations of birth defects related to the antidepressant Zoloft.
- Pfizer, led trial strategy team in national litigation involving allegations of movement disorders related to the antiemetic drug Reglan.
- AstraZeneca in national litigation and served as lead counsel in New York federal court cases involving allegations of chondrolysis associated with use of Pain Pumps.
- AstraZeneca in national litigation involving allegations of diabetes related to the antipsychotic Seroquel.
- Novartis in national litigation involving allegations of strokes related to PPA.
- Pfizer in national litigation involving allegations of liver injuries related to the antidiabetic Rezulin.
- Novartis in several one-off pharmaceutical product liability cases as lead counsel.
- Multiple global pharmaceutical companies in pharmaceutical product liability cases involving allegations of Stevens-Johnson Syndrome.
- JD, Temple University School of Law, cum laude
- BA, with honors, Michigan State University
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- Chairman, Board of Directors, New York Center for Law and Justice