Matt Hudson's practice focuses on complex commercial litigation at the state and federal level. He has experience representing clients in litigation relating to products liability, fraud, RICO, and False Claims Act cases, particularly in handling fact discovery, expert discovery, and motions practice. Matt also maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing clients in matters related to immigration and reproductive rights.
Matt graduated with honors from the University of Houston Law Center, where he was an articles editor for the Houston Law Review. During law school, Matt interned for the Texas Innocence Network, aiding in capital punishment appeals.
- Managed a team of contract attorney reviewers, managed document productions, drafted affirmative discovery and written discovery responses, and prepared materials for expert review in complex products liability matter for a major European airframe manufacturer.
- Assisted with document review, prepared deposition outlines and materials for key opposing witnesses, assisted with economic damages expert discovery, and assisted with dispositive motions for a major international shipbuilding company in lawsuit regarding alleged fraud and RICO claims.
- Drafted discovery motions, prepared materials for expert review, and interfaced with expert witnesses in dispute regarding alleged breach of contract and Texas Insurance Code violations for a national insurance company.
- Managed document production, prepared deposition outlines and materials for fact and expert witnesses, and assisted with drafting affirmative discovery and written discovery responses for a cruise line in connection with multiple claims arising from COVID-19.
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center, 2021, summa cum laude
- B.A., University of Texas, 2011, Special honors in History