Tracey Klees advises clients on a broad range of transactions and commercial matters related to technology, life sciences and intellectual property. She represents clients across various industries, including biotechnology and pharmaceutical, medical devices, financial services, and manufacturing. Ms. Klees also assists clients in negotiating and drafting a variety of agreements, including license and collaboration agreements, licensing agreements (including SaaS and related support arrangements), master services agreements, manufacturing and supply relationships, transition service agreements, data sharing agreements, and confidentiality agreements. She also evaluates and advises on corporate, intellectual property and technology issues that arise in mergers and acquisitions, venture financings and other general corporate transactions.
Ms. Klees earned her JD from Georgetown University Law Center, where she was a staff member of both the Georgetown Law Technology Review and the American Criminal Law Review. During law school, Ms. Klees served as a judicial intern in the chambers of the Honorable Pamela McLean Meyerson in the Circuit Court of Cook County and as a legal intern for the chief technology officer of the Federal Communications Commission. Prior to law school, Ms. Klees gained experience working as an immigration paralegal for more than four years.
- Sanofi U.S., an innovative, global healthcare company, in its $30M strategic promotion and development agreement with DarioHealth Corp.
- Novartis in an option, collaboration and license agreement with BeiGene for TIGIT inhibitor ociperlimab in development to treat non-small cell lung cancer and a wide range of solid tumors, with up to $1 billion in upfront consideration.
- A biotechnology company in its collaboration, option and license agreement involving a platform for the non-viral delivery of expression technologies to affect expression of certain targets.
- A biotechnology company developing therapies based on gene delivery technology in an evaluation, feasibility and option agreement.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019
- BS, Integrative Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2011
- District of Columbia