Garrett Clayton Kraus' practice focuses on the discovery phase of litigation, antitrust, and regulatory matters. He has extensive experience in government investigations including Second Requests, Civil Investigative Demands, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) allegations, and takes a keen interest in protection of the attorney-client privilege and work-product doctrine. Mr. Kraus has served clients across a broad range of industries, including telecommunications, biomedicine, transportation, energy, mining, steel, financial services, and consumer products.
In support of the firm's commitment to pro bono service, Mr. Kraus has handled a variety of cases, including support of voters' rights and students with special needs.
- Major telecommunications corporation in acquisition of a wireless carrier.
- Major energy corporation in sale of assets to a refining company.
- Major energy corporation in defense of tort claims.
- Major electronics and media corporation in acquisition of a music recording and publishing company.
- Major steel manufacturer in defense of a distributor’s antitrust claims.
- JD, George Mason University School of Law
- University of Virginia
- District of Columbia