Somin Lee is a litigation associate in the firm's Seoul office. Her practice includes a wide array of cross-border disputes including complex commercial litigation, government and internal investigations, and international arbitration. She has experience representing global companies in the financial, energy, and manufacturing industries. She also maintains an active pro bono practice.
Ms. Lee graduated from Georgetown University Law Center where she was a Legal Research and Writing Fellow and a Global Law Scholar. During law school, she advocated for women’s rights and reproductive rights through her involvement with a clinic and student organizations. She received her BA from Georgetown University, where she double majored in English and History and minored in Chinese.
Ms. Lee is fluent in Korean. Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, she worked in the New York office of another international law firm.
- Financial companies in a case based on allegations of a Ponzi scheme and claims of fraudulent conveyance.
- Global company in an internal investigation about fair business practices.
- Mattress company in a class action alleging product defects and misrepresentation.
- Financial institutions in federal antitrust class actions for alleged conspiracy to manipulate currency exchange benchmark rates.*
- Global mining company in the trial victory of a statutory appraisal litigation and successful defense in a subsequent appeal.*
- Energy company in an ICC arbitration in connection with a contract dispute.*
- Multinational manufacturing company in a DOJ investigation for alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.*
*Experience prior to joining Arnold & Porter
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center
- BA, magna cum laude, Georgetown University
- Registered Foreign Legal Consultant, Korea
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Executive Committee Member, Young Korean Council for International Arbitration (Young KOCIA)