Dr. Michael Lewis supports our patent prosecution practice in the areas of biotechnology, genetics, and molecular biology in the life sciences. Dr. Lewis's research experience focused on molecular genetics, developmental biology, and cell biology in model crop systems.
Dr. Lewis was a National Institute of Food and Agriculture – Agriculture and Food Research Initiative Post-Doctoral Fellow at the joint United States Department of Agriculture and University of California, Berkeley, Plant Gene Expression Center. He received his PhD from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as part of a National Institute of Health pre-doctoral training program in Developmental Biology. He has authored numerous peer-reviewed research articles and has served as referee for several peer-review journals.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Berkeley, 2016
- PhD, Molecular Biology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2010
- BA, Biology and Anthropology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2002
- MS, Molecular Biology , University of South Carolina, 2004
- *Not admitted to the practice of law
- US Patent and Trademark Office