Carmen Lo is the firm’s Pro Bono Counsel, overseeing and developing the firm’s pro bono initiatives and strategizing on its broad societal impact. Carmen maintains a robust pro bono practice including representing individuals in immigration matters, counseling underserved clients on intellectual property rights, and providing counsel to non-profits.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Carmen was an attorney in the intellectual property group of a leading international law firm. She advised clients on litigation in various industries including technology, financial services, hospitality, retail, and electrical utilities. Her experience also included counseling on corporate matters involving intellectual property collateral in secured financings and due diligence in mergers and acquisitions.
Carmen graduated magna cum laude from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, where she was an active member of the Hastings Moot Court team. She successfully obtained asylum for a client during her work for the Refugee and Human Rights Clinic. Carmen also served as an extern for the Honorable Maxine Chesney in the US District Court of the Northern District of California.
- JD, University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 2011, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, International Studies, University of California, San Diego, 2007, cum laude, Provost Honors
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit