Tirzah Lollar is co-chair of the firm's False Claims Act practice, where she concentrates on white collar defense, internal and government investigations, as well as trial work. Tirzah represents her clients in internal and government investigations and, if necessary, vigorously defends them at trial. She has handled every stage of investigation and litigation under the False Claims Act (FCA) and other related proceedings. Her work also includes complicated issues involving government contracts and procurement fraud, cybersecurity, the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), and similar global anti-corruption legislation, tax fraud, and antitrust offenses.
Tirzah has a strong track record defending cases investigated and prosecuted by the government. She also provides compliance counseling, helping clients assess and address anti-corruption and other risks by leading internal compliance investigations and regulatory due diligence related to acquisitions and business relationships, as well as conducting risk assessments and implementing compliance programs.
- Pharmaceutical companies on FCPA compliance matters involving operations in high risk geographical regions and the use of distributors and other third parties.
- Ten senior officers and employees of a commercial real estate development company in large scale FCPA investigation by the DOJ and SEC regarding permitting and licensing in a Latin American country.
- Telecommunications company in conducting an internal investigation regarding potential FCPA violations in connection with the company's operations in a South American country that resulted in voluntary disclosure and no action taken against company.
- U.S. pipeline company in conducting an FCPA review of a proposed relationships with third parties in connection with a more than $3 billion project in a Latin American country.
- Global manufacturer and service provider for the drilling industry in conducting internal investigation for a regarding potential FCPA compliance violations in a North African country.
- International oil company in conducting internal investigation regarding potential FCPA compliance violations in connection with company's operations with a national oil company in a Middle Eastern country.
- Senior employees of a global car manufacturer in multi-national FCPA investigation by DOJ and SEC regarding the company's sales practices.
- Large international drilling contractor in conducting FCPA reviews of third-party representatives throughout the world.
- US company during pre-sale anti-corruption due diligence conducted by a prospective buyer and its auditors to facilitate the purchase of the U.S. company.
- Individual before the Office of Institutional Integrity of the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in a corruption matter. No adverse action taken.
Anti-Corruption Investigations and Compliance (2019-2022)
Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2022-2023)
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 2004
- B.A., University of Virginia, 1999, with distinction
- District of Columbia
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Paralegal Specialist, Criminal Division, Office of International Affairs, U.S. Department of Justice
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Virginia, The Honorable James C. Cacheris
- Member, Public Contract Law Section, American Bar Association