Daniel Meyers represents clients in products liability, consumer fraud, breach of contract and class actions. He has experience handling all phases of litigation. Mr. Meyers is committed to pro bono legal services, having represented clients in matters ranging from employment contract disputes to child custody disputes. He also volunteered as a constitutional law teacher in a Chicago middle school classroom and currently helps teach a negotiations class for Chicago high school students.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Meyers volunteered as a Special Assistant Corporation Counsel in the City of Chicago's Labor Division where he represented the City in hearings before the Chicago Police and Human Resources Boards, as well as in arbitrations.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals in product liability litigation, including an MDL, involving claims related to Testosterone Replacement Therapy products (national defense counsel team).
- Pfizer in product liability litigation, including an MDL, alleging birth defects related to the antidepressant Zoloft (co-national defense counsel team).
- Vintage Pharmaceuticals d/b/a Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in successfully arguing a generic drug preemption victory in the 7th Circuit.
- Philip Morris USA in successful defense of a class action trial with claims brought under California's consumer fraud statute. After a three month trial, the court entered a full, final judgment for Philip Morris USA, which the intermediate appellate court in California affirmed(team member).
- Philip Morris USA in a common law fraud/products liability action in federal court in the Southern District of New York. After a three and a half week trial, the jury returned a verdict for Philip Morris USA (team member).
- Pfizer units Wyeth and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in a wrongful death suit involving Wyeth's hormone therapy (HT) medications Premarin and Prempro. After a three-week trial, the jury returned a verdict for Wyeth (team member).
- Philip Morris USA in obtaining a mistrial on behalf of in connection with a consumer class action lawsuit (team member).
- JD, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2009, cum laude
- BA, Political Science and Economics, Emory University, 2005
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Associate Board, Make-A-Wish Illinois