Daniel Meyers represents clients in complex litigations with a focus on products liability, consumer fraud, and class actions. He has extensive experience representing clients as national counsel in mass tort litigations including all phases of litigation. Mr. Meyers has worked on teams that have tried cases to defense jury verdicts in multiple jurisdictions in both state and federal court. He also has experience litigating appeals in the Seventh Circuit.
Mr. Meyers is committed to pro bono legal services, having represented clients in matters ranging from employment contract disputes to child custody disputes. Recently, he was part of an innocence project team that secured the exoneration of an innocent man who spent 14 years in prison—10 of them on Florida's death row—after being wrongfully incarcerated and convicted of two stabbing murders in 2004.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Meyers volunteered as a Special Assistant Corporation Counsel in the City of Chicago's Labor Division where he represented the City in hearings before the Chicago Police and Human Resources Boards, as well as in arbitrations.
- Pfizer in product liability litigation alleging brain injuries from an anti-epileptic medication (national defense counsel team).
- Endo Pharmaceuticals and Auxilium Pharmaceuticals in product liability litigation, including an MDL, involving Testosterone Replacement Therapy products defending against claims of heart attack, stroke and related cardiac issues (national defense counsel team). Mr. Meyers was part of a trial team that secured a victory in the first MDL bellwether trial case for Auxilium.
- Robert Bosch LLC and Robert Bosch GmbH in trade secret and copyright claims regarding automotive electric body control modules.
- Pfizer in product liability litigation, including an MDL, alleging birth defects related to the antidepressant Zoloft (co-national defense counsel team).
- Vintage Pharmaceuticals d/b/a Qualitest Pharmaceuticals in successfully arguing a generic drug preemption victory in the 7th Circuit.
- Major tobacco company in successful defense of a class action trial with claims brought under California's consumer fraud statute. After a three month trial, the court entered a full, final judgment for the client, which the intermediate appellate court in California affirmed (trial team member).
- Major tobacco company in a common law fraud/product liability action in federal court in the Southern District of New York. After a three and a half week trial, the jury returned a verdict for the company (trial team member).
- Pfizer units Wyeth and Wyeth Pharmaceuticals in a wrongful death suit involving Wyeth's hormone therapy (HT) medications Premarin and Prempro. After a three-week trial, the jury returned a verdict for Wyeth (trial team member).
- Major tobacco company in obtaining a mistrial in connection with a consumer class action lawsuit (trial team member).
- JD, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2009, cum laude
- BA, Political Science and Economics, Emory University, 2005
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- Member, Associate Board, Make-A-Wish Illinois