Jake Miller focuses his practice on mass tort multidistrict litigation. He has significant experience in virtually every phase of MDL practice, from creating and executing national strategies for moving cases to MDLs; drafting and arguing case-dispositive motions; managing day-to-day aspects of litigation; overseeing fact and expert discovery; and preparing bellwether cases for trial. His clients have included pharmaceutical companies, consumer product manufacturers, energy companies, and financial institutions.
In addition to his litigation experience at the firm, Mr. Miller spent six months as a prosecutor in the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office. During that time, he acted as lead trial counsel in jury trials involving expert and non-expert witnesses and also handled pretrial motions to suppress evidence, which involved presenting testimony from law enforcement officers, cross-examining defense witnesses, and oral argument.
Mr. Miller graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, where he was named a Distinguished Advocate and member of the Moot Court Honors Program. Prior to joining the firm, he was an extern for Justice Laurence D. Rubin of the California Court of Appeal.
- Pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation regarding proton pump inhibitor medications.
- Pharmaceutical company in multidistrict litigation regarding FDA-approved prescription opioid medications.
- Consumer products company in putative class action involving claims under California's unfair competition law arising from allegedly deceptive product names.
- Energy company in consumer class action asserting claims arising from allegedly defective solar panels.
- Computer hardware manufacturer in toxic tort litigation.
- National bank in breach of contract dispute.
- Energy company in environmental contamination action.
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2010
- BA, Political Science, University of Southern California, 2007, summa cum laude
- BS, University of Southern California, 2007, summa cum laude