Angel Tang Nakamura's practice focuses on the management of complex, multi-party litigation, including class actions and multi-district litigation. Her clients include pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer product manufacturers. She has served as national counsel in numerous mass torts proceedings, where she supervised various aspects of litigation planning and strategy. Her work over the years has included pre-trial assessments and consultations, working with state and federal regulators, crisis management and recalls, discovery strategy and management, expert witness development, and end game strategy.
Ms. Nakamura also represents clients in data breach and privacy litigation, including in class action lawsuits seeking to assert a private right of action under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
Due to the global reach of her cases, Ms. Nakamura is regularly called upon to manage cross-border litigation for clients with both foreign and domestic business needs. In particular, Ms. Nakamura has led legal teams in various parts of Asia, including China and India, and counseled clients on the unique challenges presented by cross-border disputes.
Ms. Nakamura serves on the firm's Hiring and Pro Bono Committees, and holds leadership positions in a number of the firm's affinity groups, including groups focused on advancing the retention and promotion of women and minority attorneys. Her pro bono commitments focus on assisting trafficking victims and disenfranchised immigrants and children in the Los Angeles community.
- Major pharmaceutical company in litigation alleging fraudulent marketing of opioids for long-term pain.
- Major pharmaceutical company in product liability litigation concerning testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
- Pharmaceutical company in product liability litigation and government investigations concerning heparin products
- Medical device company in vaginal mesh litigation.
- Major pharmaceutical company as national counsel in diet drug litigation.
- Major tobacco company in product liability litigation.
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1999
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1996
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- Volunteer Attorney, Coalition Against Slavery & Trafficking
- Volunteer Attorney, Public Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Asia Society