Angel Tang Nakamura's practice focuses on the management of complex, multi-party product liability matters, including class actions and multi-district litigations (MDLs). Her clients include pharmaceutical, medical device, and consumer product manufacturers. She has served as national counsel in multiple mass torts proceedings, and is highly skilled at managing discovery and litigation teams across multiple jurisdictions. Ms. Nakamura also represents retail and technology companies in various types of litigation, including class action data breach lawsuits.
Due to the global reach of her cases, Ms. Nakamura is regularly called upon to manage cross-border litigation for clients with both foreign and domestic business needs. In particular, Ms. Nakamura has led legal teams in various parts of Asia, including China and India, and counseled clients on the unique challenges presented by cross-border disputes.
Ms. Nakamura serves on the firm's Hiring and Pro Bono Committees, and holds leadership positions in a number of the firm's affinity groups, including Women Lawyers of Arnold & Porter. In addition, Ms. Nakamura is co-editor of the firm's Digital Health Download blog (mobile health and emerging technologies) and Data Security Roundup (privacy, data security, and cyber security).
- Major pharmaceutical company in MDL litigation alleging fraudulent marketing of opioids for long-term pain.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals in product liability litigation concerning testosterone replacement therapy (TRT).
- Bristol-Myers Squibb and Sanofi in product liability litigation concerning Plavix®.
- Scientific Protein Laboratories Pharmaceutical ingredient manufacturer in product liability litigation and various government investigations concerning Chinese heparin products.
- Medical device company in vaginal mesh litigation.
- Wyeth Pharmaceutical company as national counsel in diet drug litigation.
- Major tobacco company in product liability litigation involving cigarettes and other tobacco products.
- JD, University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 1999
- BA, University of California, Los Angeles, 1996
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Central, and Southern Districts of California
- Volunteer Attorney, Coalition Against Slavery & Trafficking
- Volunteer Attorney, Public Counsel
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- Member, Asia Society