Alyson Nickols' practice focuses on intellectual property, particularly in the areas of biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and life sciences. She has drafted and prosecuted patents involving a range of technologies including medical devices, medical diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and therapeutic proteins including antibodies. She is experienced in performing due diligence, non-infringement, invalidity, and freedom to operate analysis.
Prior to attending law school, she worked in the life sciences industry for several years as a research associate. While working at Bristol Myers Squibb, Alyson conducted exploratory studies in drug discovery programs supporting the antibody drug conjugate platform. Alyson gained extensive experience in protein engineering, molecular biology and biochemistry during her graduate and undergraduate studies.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 2018
- M.S.E., Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- B.S., Chemical and Bio-molecular Engineering, Johns Hopkins University
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Judicial Extern for the Honorable Edward J. Davila, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California (08/2016 - 11/2016)