Daphne O'Connor, co-chair of the firm's Product Liability Litigation practice group, focuses her practice on managing, litigating and trying complex product liability and mass tort cases. She has served as national counsel for major pharmaceutical and tobacco companies with a focus on legal strategy, settlement and complex scientific and medical issues.
Ms. O'Connor rejoined the firm after having served for seven years as Vice President and Associate General Counsel for Altria Client Services, Inc. In that role, she managed all aspects of commercial and product liability litigation, including trials and appeals in both state and federal courts throughout the country. She handled a diverse portfolio of cases including personal injury and consumer fraud, class actions and large consolidations, tax refund, patent, antitrust, contract, environmental, and regulatory cases. She also coordinated major settlements.
Ms. O'Connor has a deep commitment to pro bono representation and civil rights issues, and has represented individuals in civil Section 1983 lawsuits and in criminal cases. She has served on the Colorado Lawyers Committee and on the University of Colorado Law School Alumni Board.
- Daniel v. Wyeth (Phila. Cty. Ct. Com. Pleas January 2007) (trial counsel in pharmaceutical product liability case).
- Conlon et al v. Wyeth (Phila, Cty. Ct. Com. Pleas, March 2005) (trial counsel in pharmaceutical product liability case).
- Eurioste et al v. Continental Airlines (US District Court for the District of Colorado, April 1998) (trial counsel in employment case).
- JD, University of Colorado Law School, 1994, Order of the Coif
- AB, Duke University, 1989
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US District Court, District of Colorado
- Supreme Court of the United States