Emily Orler's practice focuses on environmental regulatory and compliance counseling, and environmental litigation. Ms. Orler advises on clients on environmental rulemakings and environmental laws applicable to infrastructure and natural resource development projects. She also represents clients in remediation of contaminated sites.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Orler worked for nearly a decade in the federal government managing compliance with environmental review and permitting statutes, including the National Environmental Policy Act, National Historic Preservation Act, and the Endangered Species Act. By holding positions at four agencies with diverse missions taking actions throughout the United States, she developed a broad perspective on environmental compliance while gaining significant experience with utility infrastructure and nuclear waste remediation projects. In addition to leading and providing oversight on project-specific reviews, she also contributed to several intra- and inter-agency policy initiatives.
- JD, Georgetown University Law Center, 2019, cum laude
- BA, Environmental Studies & Political Science, Tulane University, 2010, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Acting Director & Environmental Protection Specialist, Office of Regulatory Compliance, Office of Environmental Management, US Department of Energy
- Environmental Protection Specialist, Office of NEPA Policy and Compliance, Office of the General Counsel, US Department of Energy
- Detailee, Energy, Minerals & Realty Management, Bureau of Land Management, US Department of the Interior
- Environmental Protection Specialist, Rural Utilities Service, US Department of Agriculture