Darrel Pae provides regulatory, transactional, and litigation counseling to telecommunications, media, and Internet clients on communications law and Federal Communications Commission (FCC) rules and regulations. Mr. Pae has assisted clients on merger proceedings and other transactions before the FCC and the US Department of Justice.
Before joining the firm, Mr. Pae served as an attorney-advisor in the Competition and Infrastructure Policy Division of the FCC's Wireless Telecommunications Bureau. At the FCC, he provided legal advice and drafted orders and other dispositional documents on wireless infrastructure deployment issues, telecommunications classification issues, National Historic Preservation Act and National Environmental Policy Act compliance and policy, and wireless merger reviews and other competition issues in a wide variety of proceedings that include rulemaking, regulatory review, and adjudication. He also served as deputy designated federal officer for the FCC's Broadband Deployment Advisory Committee.
Mr. Pae graduated with high honors from The George Washington University Law School, where he was Samuel and Mary T. Burgess Scholar and managing editor of the Federal Communications Law Journal. After graduation, Mr. Pae was an appellate court attorney at the New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, and served as a judicial law clerk on the Supreme Court of Hawaii.
- An Asian government ministry on advice regarding US and EU law and policy on AI regulation.
- AT&T in its divestiture of certain telecommunications assets.
- Leading media company in compliance issues pertaining to FCC's video rules.
- Large multinational technology company in a litigation matter involving the FCC's radio frequency exposure and safety rules.
Telecoms and Broadcast: Regulatory (2022)
- BS, Business Economics, University of the Philippines-Diliman, 2011, magna cum laude
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2014, with High Honors, Order of the Coif, and Samuel and Mary T. Burgess Scholar
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Hawaii Supreme Court, The Honorable Richard W. Pollack
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division