David Park is head of the firm's International Trade group and advises US and international clients on a variety of international trade issues. He has extensive experience litigating trade remedies, including antidumping, countervailing duty and safeguard actions, before US agencies, courts and the WTO, as well as counseling clients on US customs, export controls and economic sanctions laws. He also counsels clients on trade policy matters, market access and WTO disputes. He represents clients before the US Department of Commerce, the US International Trade Commission, US Customs and Border Protection, the Court of International Trade and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Mr. Park has achieved a number of significant victories on behalf of his clients in major trade remedies litigation cases.
Mr. Park received his BA in international relations from Tufts University in 1993 and his JD from Boston University in 1996, where he was a member of the National Appellate Advocacy moot court team. While in law school, Mr. Park clerked for the Massachusetts Attorney General's Office, Public Protection Bureau. Mr. Park also received an LLM in international and comparative law from Georgetown University in 2001.
Mr. Park has lived in Seoul, Korea; Lagos, Nigeria; Bogota, Colombia; Ottawa, Canada; and various parts of the United States. He is fluent in Korean.
- Large steel manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in three separate investigations of Korean line pipe.
- Large steel manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in separate investigations of Korean grain-oriented and non-oriented electrical steel products.
- Two steel manufacturers in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Korean oil country tubular goods.
- Manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Korean large power transformers.
- Large paper manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Korean lightweight thermal paper.
- Large paper manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping and subsidization in investigation of Korean coated free sheet paper.
- Manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Korean diamond sawblades.
- Manufacturer in antidumping administrative reviews and sunset review of Korean polyethylene terephthalate film.
- Large steel manufacturer in antidumping administrative reviews of Korean circular welded non-alloy steel pipe.
- Two large steel manufacturers in antidumping administrative reviews of Korean cold-rolled and corrosion-resistant carbon steel flat products.
- Large multinational manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping and subsidization in investigations of Korean and Mexican refrigerators and washers.
- Manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Taiwanese narrow woven ribbons.
- Manufacturer in defending against allegations of dumping in investigation of Korean expandable polystyrene resins.
- Manufacturer in antidumping administrative reviews of Korean polyester staple fiber.
Expert Based Abroad—International Trade (South Korea) (2015-2023): "Based in Washington, DC, David Park of Arnold & Porter has extensive experience representing US and other international clients on a wide range of countervailing duty, antitrust and safeguard actions, and has represented businesses in US courts and before the WTO. He is a fluent Korean speaker, and one source enthuses that he is 'a fantastic lawyer, well respected by clients, and handles some of the toughest cases with a Korea focus.' He has represented Hyundai Steel in a number of proceedings, including in major cases concerning imports of corrosion-resistant steel, cold-rolled steel and hot-rolled steel."
International Trade: Trade Remedies & Trade Policy (USA) (2018-2023): "David Park's 'deep knowledge of anti-dumping law' is an asset for both domestic and international clients involved in trade-related litigation. He is widely recognised for his work with Korean companies and is singled out as having 'a lot of experience in dumping cases.'"
International Trade (USA) (2015-2020)
"J David Park has 'a fantastic Korean trade remedies practice' and represents Korean corporates as respondents in US anti-dumping and countervailing duty cases."
- LL.M., Georgetown University Law Center, 2001
- J.D., Boston University School of Law, 1996
- B.A., Tufts University, 1993
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Not licensed as a Foreign Legal Consultant in Korea