William Perdue focuses his practice on appellate and complex civil litigation. He has represented clients in cases presenting a wide range of issues, including antitrust, banking regulation, intellectual property, administrative law, and foreign sovereign immunity.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Perdue served as a law clerk to the Honorable Anthony M. Kennedy of the United States Supreme Court, the Honorable Robert A. Katzmann of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the Honorable Jed S. Rakoff of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Perdue is a graduate of Yale Law School, where he was awarded the Benjamin N. Cardozo Prize for best moot court brief and the Thomas I. Emerson Prize for best paper on a subject related to legislation, and served as Co-Editor-in-Chief of the Yale Journal of International Law.
- Religious hospital system in appeal to preserve a pension plan's eligibility for the "church plan" exemption to the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA). Rollins v. Dignity Health, 830 F.3d 900 (9th Cir. 2016).
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in appeal in antitrust litigation brought by the Attorney General of New York. New York ex rel. Schneiderman v. Actavis PLC, 787 F.3d 638 (2d Cir. 2015).
- Prominent banking executive in successful appeal from administrative actions by the OCC and Federal Reserve Board. DeNaples v. Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, 706 F.3d 481 (D.C. Cir. 2013).
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers in appeal challenging price caps imposed by the Department of Defense. Coalition for Common Sense in Government Procurement v. United States, 707 F.3d 311 (D.C. Cir. 2013).
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in appeal from grand jury investigation regarding off-label marketing. In re: Grand Jury Matter, Case No. 11-2679 (3d Cir.).
- South American sovereign banks in litigation over the Terrorism Risk Insurance Act and the Cuban Asset Control Regulations. Hausler v. JP Morgan Chase Bank, No. 09 Civ. 10289 (S.D.N.Y.).
- JD, Yale Law School, 2011
- BA, Yale College, 2007, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States, The Honorable Anthony M. Kennedy
- United States Court of Appeals, Second Circuit, The Honorable Robert A. Katzmann
- US District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable Jed S. Rakoff