Frank Pozzuoli focuses on pharmaceutical product liability litigation, including mass torts. Mr. Pozzuoli has extensive state and federal court experience, representing major US and international corporations in all phases of the litigation process, including motion practice, discovery, trial preparation and trial, alternative dispute resolution, and end game/settlement analysis.
Mr. Pozzuoli has substantial experience representing pharmaceutical companies, including Pfizer, Novartis, AstraZeneca, and Boston Scientific in product liability lawsuits involving both prescription medications and medical devices.
- Pfizer in claims involving damages from the Bjork-Shiley heart valve. Through various alternative dispute resolution processes, Mr. Pozzuoli has helped achieve favorable results and prevented active litigation.
- Pfizer in hundreds of product liability lawsuits filed in New York alleging that the prescription medication Rezulin caused liver damage and other injuries. Mr. Pozzuoli prepared numerous summary judgment motions and was successful in having many cases dismissed in the pre-trial phase. Mr. Pozzuoli's work with medical records and discovery was instrumental in achieving favorable settlements.
- Major office product manufacturer in repetitive stress injury (RSI) litigation. Mr. Pozzuoli aggressively utilized summary judgment motions to have numerous cases dismissed. Afterwards, all remaining cases were voluntarily discontinued without any payment by the client.
- Major insurance company in suit brought by policyholder seeking additional personal disability benefits. Mr. Pozzuoli was not only successful at trial in defeating the policyholder's claim, but also on the company's counterclaim that the policyholder had committed fraud. As a result, the policyholder was ordered to pay back the disability benefits that had been paid to him previously, and the court rescinded and nullified his insurance policy.
- JD, Fordham University School of Law, 1985
- New York
- US District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, and Western Districts of New York
- England and Wales