Sarah Prather is a member of the firm’s Product Liability Litigation practice. She represents clients in product liability, toxic tort, and complex commercial litigation in federal and state court. She has experience defending clients against personal injury, property damage, environmental, and consumer protection claims at all phases of litigation, including case strategy and assessment, fact and expert discovery, motion practice, and trial. Ms. Prather’s experience includes drafting motions and briefs, overseeing discovery and fact investigation, working with experts to develop reports and testimony, and preparing cases for trial.
Ms. Prather maintains an active pro bono practice. Her experience includes securing equal public education services for a New York City child and representing an asylee seeking to obtain legal permanent resident status in the United States.
- Fortune 100 company in defending against multiple personal injury and property damage lawsuits brought by residents living near a former lead manufacturing facility.
- Fortune 100 company in litigation brought by government entities and private landowners claiming that historic oil and gas activities in Louisiana have contributed to coastal land loss.
- Fortune 100 company, as a member of the trial team, in successfully defending against product liability claims brought by plaintiffs alleging personal injury from ingesting lead pigment in residential paint.
- Consumer product company in putative class action litigation related to an alleged product safety hazard following a product recall.
- J.D., The George Washington University, 2017
- B.A., History, The George Washington University, 2012
- New York