Evan Preminger's practice focuses on environmental and land use regulatory compliance and environmental litigation. Evan has experience in litigating disputes arising under the Clean Water Act, the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act, and the New York State Environmental Quality Review Act, as well as advising clients on permitting and land use applications before the New York City Planning Commission and Landmarks Preservation Commission. He advises clients on environmental due diligence and regulatory compliance issues for real estate, renewable energy, and mineral rights transaction, and provides particular insight into legislative and regulatory development in New York City and State.
In addition, Evan previously served as the Assistant Secretary for the Environment for the New York State Executive Chamber. In that role, he helped oversee policy development, budget negotiations, and operations for New York's environmental and parks agencies, including the development of the landmark 2019 Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act.
- J.D., Columbia Law School, 2015, Harland Fiske Stone Scholar
- B.A., Urban and Regional Studies, Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, 2012
- New York
- New Jersey
- Assistant Secretary for the Environment, New York State Executive Chamber
- Member, New York League of Conversation Voters Emerging Leaders Steering Committee
- Member, New York State Bar Association, Environmental and Energy Law Section