Amy Rifkind is co-chair of the firm's Real Estate practice. Ms. Rifkind has a broad commercial real estate practice, with a particular focus on public-private partnerships (federal and local) and real estate development. She regularly handles purchases, dispositions, leases, ground leases and build-to-suits as well as loans for developers, nonprofit organizations and corporations.
Ms. Rifkind was named the 2009 Top Washington Lawyer-Real Estate by the Washington Business Journal and has been ranked as one of America's leading real estate lawyers by Chambers & Partners since 2010.
She regularly handles transactions for pro bono clients including several District of Columbia charter schools and nonprofit organizations.
- New York-based developer in connection with its acquisition of several buildings in Washington, DC and related acquisition financing.
- Washington DC-based developer in the acquisition of multiple sites in SE Washington, DC, near the baseball stadium, the sale of a commercial property on H Street in NE Washington, DC and the sale of multiple residential buildings in Washington, DC.
- New York-based real estate fund with respect to a variety of projects including (i) the acquisition of 20 buildings and land for redevelopment in Tysons Corner, Virginia, (which deal was recognized by the Washington Business Journal as the Deal of the Year, April 2011) (ii) the sale of a portion of the recently acquired Tysons Corner portfolio, (iii) a joint venture for the development of an apartment complex in Silver Spring, Maryland, and (iv) a joint venture for the acquisition of multiple apartment complexes in Prince Georges County, Maryland.
- National developer in the negotiation of (i) the sale of a building in downtown Washington, DC after also working with the client on the acquisition of a note and joint venture agreement for the redevelopment of the site, (ii) a long-term ground lease for a retail and apartment complex in Arlington, Virginia and (iii) the acquisition of multiple properties in Washington, DC.
- National corporation in the sale of a six-acre site in Washington, DC, several infrastructure development projects in Washington, DC, and a joint venture agreement for the development of a substantial parcel elsewhere in the United States.
- Utility company in the acquisition and disposition of several parcels in Washington, DC.
"Top Lawyers"—Real Estate (since 2011, 2022)
- JD, Yale Law School, 1993
- BA, Yale University, 1989, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts, The Honorable Douglas P. Woodlock
- Fellow, American College of Real Estate Lawyers
- Member, Federal City Council
- Former member and past president, Board of Directors, Cultural DC
- Former member, Board of Directors, DC Appleseed Center for Law and Justice
- Former member, Community Economic Development Pro Bono Project Advisory Committee, DC Bar