Michael Rogoff co-heads the firm's White Collar Litigation practice. An experienced trial and appellate lawyer whose practice is concentrated in the areas of white collar and civil litigation, Mr. Rogoff has represented major US and international corporations, as well as corporate directors and individuals, in a wide variety of disputes involving health care, securities, product liability, antitrust, consumer class action, trademark and copyright, trade secrets and breach of contract. Mr. Rogoff is also experienced in conducting internal investigations, as well as representing clients in SEC and grand jury investigations.
Mr. Rogoff was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York from 1991 to 1997, where he investigated and prosecuted federal criminal cases involving fraud, labor racketeering, money laundering, narcotics trafficking and murder in aid of racketeering. During his tenure, Mr. Rogoff received the distinguished Director's Award for Superior Performance as an Assistant United States Attorney.
Mr. Rogoff received his law degree from New York University School of Law, where he was an Articles Editor for the Annual Survey of American Law and received the Moot Court Advocacy Award for Outstanding Brief.
- Numerous pharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics companies and executives in federal and state criminal and civil government investigations and internal investigations involving allegations of off-label promotion, anti-kickback statute violations, False Claims Act violations and other issues related to sales, marketing and pricing practices.
- Medical device manufacturer in a federal criminal investigation involving alleged manufacturing deficiencies.
- Investment firm and its convertible bond traders, and the head of the arbitrage department of a major brokerage firm in grand jury and SEC investigations of insider trading and other violations.
- Special committee of independent directors of the largest US diagnostic-imaging company in conducting internal investigation of related party transactions by various directors.
- Former treasurer and chief financial officer of major pharmaceutical company in criminal, SEC and related civil investigations regarding allegations of accounting improprieties.
- Private for profit school in investigation by New York Attorney General regarding allegations that school misled consumers through its advertising and operated without a license.
- Various clients in municipal corruption investigation by New York District Attorney’s Office.
- Various clients in momentum trading, LIBOR and foreign exchange manipulation investigations by multiple agencies, including DOJ, SEC, CFTC and FCA.
- Various clients in mutual fund (market timing/late trading) and insurance brokerage (bid rigging) investigations by the New York Attorney General.
- Executives of Fortune 500 corporations and major accounting firms in securities and accounting fraud investigations.
General Commercial Disputes (2016)
- JD, New York University School of Law
- BA, University of Rochester, magna cum laude, with Distinction, Phi Beta Kappa, Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society
- New York
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
Assistant United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York
- Member, New York Council of Defense Lawyers
- Member, Association of the Bar of the City of New York
- Member, American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section
- Member, Federal Bar Council