Warlesha (Esha) Ryan is a member of the firm's eDiscovery & Data Analytics ("Data") group. Esha has extensive experience in the electronic discovery phase of complex civil litigation and regulatory actions. Esha has advised clients across several industries including government contracts, pharmaceutical, telecommunications, and consumer products industries on methods and strategies to leverage technology and resources during preservation, collection, analysis, review, and production of electronically stored information. In addition, she manages teams of attorneys, legal assistants, technology project managers, and other eDiscovery professionals to manage the review and production of documents.
Esha also has experience in factual development of large, complex cases, and in all areas of discovery, including written discovery, preparing witnesses for depositions, discovery motions practice, and defense of privilege claims. In 2022, she achieved Brainspace Analyst certification.
Esha maintains an active pro bono practice and has provided pro bono services in the areas of voter protection and student discrimination.
- Represented a retail company in defense of consumer class action lawsuit related to a nationwide recall. Esha led the electronic discovery phase, including analysis and culling of collected documents, managing a team of attorneys to review documents and prepare privilege log, and coordinating document productions. Through electronic discovery, we were able to produce documents showing that defendants had received notice of the recall, a key element of their claim.
- Represents a social media platform in responding to 3rd party requests from a government agency and plaintiffs in an antitrust matter. Esha leads the electronic discovery including document review and production of documents.
- Represents a cosmetic brand in defense against a class action lawsuit. Strategizes with counsel and clients in formulating a methodology for collection of documents from databases, SharePoint sites, and other sources. Interviews custodians and works with internal stakeholders to transfer documents.
- Represents a religious organization in response to a federal inquiry. Strategizes on privilege terms, document review, and privilege log. Led workflows to verify and complete quality control checks for privilege materials.
- Advised a government entity in a contractual dispute. Successfully defended challenges to the privilege log.
- Advised a government agency in production of regulatory history related to a legal challenge to final revised rule. Esha utilized technology-assisted review to assist with the prioritization of review documents and production of documents under constricted deadline and tightened resources.
- Law, Emory University School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Political Science, Howard University, 2002
- District of Columbia