Stesha Ryu's practice encompasses a broad range of complex civil litigation in both state and federal court. She also maintains an active pro bono practice. In 2022, Ms. Ryu was seconded to firm client Planned Parenthood Federation of America, where she provided litigation support in multiple actions across the United States and advised clients on regulatory developments. Prior to joining the firm, she served as a law clerk to the Honorable Percy Anderson of the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Ms. Ryu graduated cum laude from Loyola Law School. While in law school, she interned with the Honorable R. Gary Klausner of the United States District Court for the Central District of California, with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, and with the United States Attorney's Office for the Central District of California. She also served as an Articles Editor on the Loyola of Los Angeles Law Review, as President of St. Thomas More Law Honor Society, and on the Board of the Environmental Law Society.
- Multinational pharmaceutical corporation in litigation alleging employment discrimination. Case favorably settled after plaintiff’s deposition.
- National retail corporation in putative class action alleging franchisees have been misclassified as independent contractors.
- Energy company in multi-jurisdictional dispute related to coastal land loss.
- Manufacturer of vitamins and nutritional supplements in putative class action alleging false advertising.
- Energy company in multi-jurisdiction dispute related to climate change.
Payment card network in putative class action challenging foreign transaction rates under state consumer protection statutes.
- JD, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, 2016, cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, Political Science, International Studies, University of Washington, 2010
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California, The Honorable Percy Anderson
- US Peace Corps Volunteer, Jordan