Mark Samartino represents technology and healthcare clients in intellectual property and other complex litigation. Mr. Samartino has particular experience in trade secret, patent infringement, copyright infringement, false advertising, tortious interference and other unfair competition matters in federal courts across the country, as well as in Section 337 investigations before the US International Trade Commission. He has also represented both public companies and private equity firms in merger and acquisition transactions.
Mr. Samartino graduated cum laude from the University of Wisconsin Law School where he was Note and Comment Editor of the Wisconsin Law Review, Moot Court Board President, and a member of the Order of the Coif. He also served as a Legal Extern at the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Civil Litigation Unit.
- Heraeus Medical, LLC and Heraeus Medical GmbH before the US International Trade Commission against a competitor's claims of unfair competition through trade secret misappropriation, false advertising and tortious interference with business relationships. In re Certain Bone Cements and Bone Cement Accessories.
- Google LLC in numerous ongoing patent infringement cases related to Google Maps, Motion Photos, Two-Step Verification, Cloud Load Balancer and other technologies in the Eastern District of Texas, Western District of Texas, and the Northern District of California. Uniloc 2017 LLC v. Google LLC; Traxcell Technologies, LLC v. Google LLC.
- Bosch Brake Components, Robert Bosch LLC and Robert Bosch GmbH in a trade secret, copyright infringement, and tortious interference case concerning automotive aftermarket brake components. Nucap Industries v. Bosch Brake Components LLC and Robert Bosch GmbH.
- Robert Bosch LLC, Robert Bosch GmbH, and Bosch Automotive Products (Suzhou) in a trade secret, copyright infringement, and breach of contract case regarding automotive electric body control modules. JST Corporation v. Robert Bosch LLC, Robert Bosch GmbH and Bosch Automotive Products (Suzhou) Co., Ltd.
- Robert Bosch Tool Corporation and Robert Bosch GmbH in a trade secret, correction of inventorship of patent, and breach of contract case related to power tool accessories, packaging and measuring devices. Maxtech Consumer Products, Ltd. v. Robert Bosch Tool Corp. and Robert Bosch GmbH.
- 1515 N. Halsted, LLC in anticipatory repudiation and breach of contract cases related to leased space at New City Entertainment District in Chicago. 1515 N. Halsted, LLC v. GSE Chicago, LLC and 1515 N. Halsted v. Fish Six Restaurant Corp.
- JD, University of Wisconsin Law School, 2013, cum laude
- BA, Illinois Wesleyan University, 2006, cum laude