Mr. Schinner's practice primarily focuses on defending corporations in the healthcare industry against government investigations and related enforcement actions across a range of substantive areas. Mr. Schinner's experience in this area includes advising and assisting clients in Department of Justice, Food and Drug Administration, and Office of Inspector General investigations concerning alleged violations of the False Claims Act, Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and laws concerning the marketing of pharmaceutical products; assisting clients in internal investigations and assessments concerning compliance with healthcare fraud and abuse laws; and advising clients in relation to antitrust investigations concerning patent litigation settlements.
Mr. Schinner also has experience counseling clients on insurance matters, including the structuring of representations and warranties, tax, and other insurance specialized insurance products. Mr. Schinner's insurance experience also includes advising clients on coverage matters under commercial general liability and other policies. Additionally, Mr. Schinner assists Arnold & Porter's General Counsel on a regular basis in a variety of matters affecting the firm.
In addition to his commercial work, Mr. Schinner maintains an active pro bono practice, providing assistance to indigent criminal defendants in the District of Columbia.
- National hospital chain in an investigation of its emergency room and physician relationship practices.
- Major pharmaceutical company in an investigation of its marketing practices for a branded pharmaceutical product.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in Federal Trade Commission and State’s Attorneys General investigations relating to patent litigation settlement agreements.
- Pharmaceutical manufacturer in an internal investigation regarding marketing practices.
- J.D., Washington and Lee University School of Law, 2009, summa cum laude
- B.A., Mathematics, Hood College, 2006, summa cum laude
- District of Columbia