Christian Sheehan focuses his practice on white collar litigation, with a particular emphasis on defending clients from a range of industries in False Claims Act investigations and litigation. Mr. Sheehan has also litigated parallel administrative matters before the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals and regularly represents clients before federal appellate courts in FCA and non-FCA matters.
Mr. Sheehan is also a managing editor for the firm's Qui Notes blog.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Sheehan served as a law clerk for the Honorable D. Michael Fisher on the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- (E.D. Mich.) – Defended government contractor in False Claims Act case brought by the government alleging violations of Truth in Negotiations Act in price negotiations and claiming damages of potentially upwards of $400 million that resulted in a cost of litigation settlement.
- (C.D. Ill.) – Successfully defended government contractor in False Claims Act case brought by the government seeking damages of $150 million based on alleged fraud in connection with settlement of subcontractor's requests for equitable adjustment. Government voluntarily dismissed FCA claims with prejudice.
- (C.D. Ill.) – Defending government contractor in intervened qui tam related to former employees' alleged acceptance of kickbacks from subcontractors.
- (C.D. Cal.) – Defending major pharmaceutical manufacturer in non-intervened qui tam asserting false price reporting and kickback claims.
- (New York) – Representing large government contractor and construction company in case under New York False Claims Act related to alleged timekeeping fraud.
- JD, Boston College Law School, 2011, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- BA, Communications, Legal Institutions, Economics, and Government, American University, 2007, magna cum laude
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- US District Court, Central District of Illinois
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US Court of Federal Claims
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, The Honorable D. Michael Fisher