Daniel Shimell is an experienced litigator across a broad range of areas, including aviation industry law, intellectual property, land use, business litigation, contract disputes, environmental law, municipal law, and administrative law. He represents clients in state and federal courts throughout California, including before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and his recent successes include obtaining an appellate court reversal of a trial court's entry of summary judgment against his client and serving on a defense team that obtained a jury verdict in favor of a client accused of misappropriating trade secrets.
Mr. Shimell graduated from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he chaired the Moot Court Honors Board and served as an articles editor for the UC Davis Law Review. He earned a bachelor's degree in political science from the University of California, San Diego.
- JD, University of California, Davis School of Law, 2014, Order of the Coif, Order of Barristers, Moot Court Board Chair, UC Davis Law Review articles editor
- BA, Political Science, University of California, San Diego, 2008
- US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- US District Courts for the Northern, Central, and Eastern Districts of California
- Peace Corps Volunteer, United States Peace Corps, February 2009–April 2011
- Intern/Graduate Law Clerk, San Diego County District Attorney's Office, May–August 2013, August 2014–February 2015
- Deputy City Attorney, Office of the City Attorney of the City of San Diego, March 2015–April 2016