Hannah Sibiski represents businesses and individuals in their legal disputes in Texas state and federal courts. Her practice focuses on Texas-based energy companies, healthcare providers and financial services companies, and includes those and other companies from around the world who do work in Texas.
Ms. Sibiski also represents companies and individuals in pursuing appeals of jury verdicts and other adverse rulings and in defending judgments in their favor. She practices in the Texas state appellate courts and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- In federal court in Houston, litigated a major lawsuit for an E&P company involving more than 500 wells, including winning an important question of first impression related to interpretation of the joint operating agreements and Arkansas state law.
- In the US Federal Court for the Southern District of Texas, represented an individual who was sued by the off-shore insurance company in which he invested, both in defending the individual against the company's claims for alleged "loans" due the company and counterclaiming for reimbursement of the principal and interest due the investor.
- In a contamination case for a pipeline company involving commercial property in Corpus Christi, Texas, developed an alternative strategy for closure that was approved by the Texas Railroad Commission and that led to settlement.
- Led a manufacturing company's defense in a multi-million dollar breach of contract and breach of warranty lawsuit to settlement, successfully managing significant risk from the extensive damages sought for the alleged defective welding of heavy-weight pressure vessels that were processing natural gas production from a platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Key member of the team that successfully defended an unfair competition case at trial for a major hospital system. Managed people, documents, and data; led the team that selected trial exhibits; prepared trial witnesses; and assisted in jury selection and the charge conference.
- In a case of first impression, authored the successful brief to the Fifth Circuit upholding summary judgment pursuant to statutory protections from suit for peer reviewing doctors.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2003
- BA, Rice University, 1994
- US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- US District Court, Southern District of Texas
- Founder & Pro Bono Lawyer, SAFE Court Expunction Program, Harris County
- Gala Committee Member, Tahirih Justice Center, Houston
- Pro Bono Lawyer, Tahirih Justice Center, Houston
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Former Chair (2015-2016), Houston Bar Association, Appellate Council
- Lifetime Member, Friends of Child Advocates
- Visionary Society Member, Texas Appleseed
- Troop 125 Assistant Scoutmaster & Merit Badge Counselor, Boy Scouts of America