Jennifer Sklenar focuses her practice on patent litigation and counseling, particularly in the medical device, biotech, computer hardware, software, and networking-related fields. She has managed all aspects of litigation and has significant in-court, as well as Patent Office, experience. Ms. Sklenar also has experience drafting and negotiating license agreements and has counseled clients on intellectual property matters for corporate transactions.
Ms. Sklenar has been recognized as a Southern California Super Lawyer.
- Enzo v. Hologic. Serves as counsel for Hologic in pending patent litigation involving labeled nucleic acids.
- GE v. BioRad. Representing GE in pending patent and copyright litigation involving liquid chromatography systems.
- IBL v. GE. Representing GE in pending patent litigation involving infant warmer technology.
- Smith & Nephew v. Hologic. Serves as counsel for Hologic in pending patent litigation and patent office proceedings involving intrauterine tissue removal technology.
- Sightsound Technologies v. Apple. Representing GE joint venture in covered business method review proceedings involving on-line music sales.
- Clouding v. Google. Represented Google in patent litigation involving hardware and networking technology.
- Crocs v. Polliwalks. Represented Crocs in inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial & Appeals Board.
- Hologic v. IZI. Served as counsel for Hologic in patent litigation involving mammography technology. Prevailed at trial in obtaining jury verdict of infringement and secured subsequent permanent injunction.
- Enzo v. Amersham. Served as counsel for GE in patent and contract litigation involving labeled nucleic acids and their detection. Obtained summary judgment on all claims.
- NeuroGrafix v. GE Healthcare. Served as counsel for GE in patent litigation involving MRI technology. The case was settled favorably.
Arnold & Porter LLP Webinar
"IP Star" (2018)
"Patent Star" (2016-2017)
"Rising Star" (2004-2008)
- JD, Hofstra University School of Law, 1994, with distinction
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University, 1991
- New York
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Patent and Trademark Office