Jennifer Sklenar is a partner in the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group. She is a skilled patent litigator, particularly in the biotech, medical device, computer hardware, software, and networking-related fields. Ms. Sklenar has a successful track record leading litigation teams in the US District Courts and the ITC, including multiple recent trial victories. She is also registered to practice before the USPTO and has been lead counsel in numerous contested Patent Office proceedings.
- Hologic v. Minerva. Served as trial counsel in patent litigation involving uterine ablation technology that resulted in favorable jury verdict and as appellate counsel, including before the US Supreme Court in securing opinion upholding assignor estoppel doctrine.
- bioMérieux v. Hologic/Grifols. Served as trial counsel in patent litigation involving HIV-1 amplification technology. Secured a complete jury victory by invalidating the asserted claims on two separate grounds.
- Hologic v. Fujifilm. Served as trial counsel in ITC litigation involving mammography technology. Prevailed in obtaining initial determination and recommended remedies on all issues and in PTAB proceedings.
- Cytiva v. BioRad. Representing former GE Healthcare subsidiary in pending patent litigation involving liquid chromatography systems.
- Leading Electronics Manufacturer. Served as counsel in several pending patent litigation matters, including in obtaining dismissal of litigation and successful settlements.
- Enzo v. Hologic. Served as counsel in several patent litigations involving labeled nucleic acids and target capture technology. Prevailed in obtaining summary adjudication of non-infringement and invalidity, which led to favorable settlement.
- Waters v. Agilent. Represented Waters in patent litigation involving N-glycan labeling and detection technology. Obtained successful Markman and PTAB determination.
- Hologic v. IZI. Served as counsel in patent litigation involving mammography technology. Prevailed at trial in obtaining jury verdict of infringement and secured subsequent permanent injunction.
- Enzo v. Amersham. Served as counsel for GE in patent and contract litigation involving labeled nucleic acids and their detection. Obtained complete summary judgment victory on all claims.
Trademarks: litigation (2021–2022)
Patent Litigation: Full Coverage (2021)
Patent: prosecution (including reexamination and post-grant proceedings) (2021)
"Top 250 Women in IP" (2017-2021)
- JD, Hofstra University School of Law, 1994, with distinction
- BS, Biomedical Engineering, Northwestern University, 1991
- District of Columbia
- New York
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Western District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Northern District of Texas
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Patent and Trademark Office