Andrew Solow focuses on mass tort pharmaceutical product liability litigation and complex commercial litigation. Mr. Solow provides counsel to domestic and international corporations, individual clients, charitable trusts, and private equity funds in implementing overall litigation and trial strategy, and counseling on strategic settlement decisions, as well as litigation avoidance.
Mr. Solow has extensive experience serving as national counsel, national coordinating counsel, trial counsel, and settlement counsel representing a number of the leading pharmaceutical companies in the world in a wide range of mass tort and product liability litigations involving both prescription and over-the-counter products.
Mr. Solow has also represented both plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigations in courts across the United States involving commercial, contract, fraud, antitrust, securities, foreign currency trading, trademark, patent, intellectual properly, and civil RICO claims.
Prior to joining the firm in 1999, Mr. Solow clerked for The Honorable Charles L. Brieant, in the United State District Court, Southern District of New York. During his time at the firm, Mr. Solow was seconded as in-house counsel by an international pharmaceutical company. As a result of his tenure as in-house counsel, he has a real-world understanding of the in-house corporate legal function, and substantial experience counseling corporate executives and employees on a variety of legal and commercial issues.
- King Pharmaceuticals as trial counsel and national counsel in MDL with three putative class and multiple individual antitrust actions alleging that the manufacturer conspired with a potential generic entrant to delay or block generic entry in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act and certain state antitrust, unfair trade practices and related laws.
- International process technology group as trial counsel in connection with a multi-million dollar breach of contract and fraud action relating to the construction of an ethanol plant. The lawsuit resulted in a favorable settlement three weeks before the trial was scheduled to begin.
- International aerospace corporation in multibillion dollar patent case brought based on technology related to the jet engines used on the world's largest airplane.
- Private equity firm in a breach of contract action arising out of a reimbursement agreement for due diligence expenses incurred in connection with evaluation of a nationwide retail chain.
- Multimillion dollar charitable trust and its trustees in a civil RICO action alleging unfounded claims of fraud.
- Family company that makes leading global household brands in a trademark appeal protecting famous brand marketing slogan.
- Investor in a claim against international brokerage house for breach of fiduciary duty and negligence involving the clients foreign currency trading account. The trial resulted in a then-landmark jury verdict resulting in a damages award of $164.5 million.
- JD, Pace University School of Law, 1998, cum laude
- BS, Syracuse University, 1995
- New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York, The Honorable Charles L. Brieant