Meredith Stead focuses on estate planning and administration, providing clients with advice on wealth preservation, transfer, and management; charitable giving; and individual and entity tax compliance and reporting. She has represented clients in federal and state audits, offers in compromise, voluntary disclosures, and Surrogate's Court matters. Ms. Stead also has extensive experience in forming and advising tax-exempt organizations on federal and state compliance issues.
Ms. Stead received her JD from New York University School of Law, where she served as a Senior Executive Editor on the Law Review and a Student Editor on the Tax Law Review. She also holds an Advanced Professional Certificate in Taxation/Estate Planning from NYU Law.
Ms. Stead is a Lecturer in Law at Columbia Law School, teaching a course in Trusts, Wills, and Estate Planning (Spring 2019).
- Advanced Professional Certificate in Taxation/ Estate Planning, New York University School of Law, 2013
- J.D., New York University School of Law, 2006
- B.F.A., California Institute of the Arts, 1981
- B.A., University of Chicago, 1978, cum laude
- New York
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York County Lawyers' Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Past Member, Executive Committee, NYSBA Young Lawyers Section
- Past Participant, Summer Law Institute for Rising Ninth Graders, Legal Outreach
- Lecturer in Law, Columbia Law School, "Externship: Trusts, Wills, and Estate Planning" (Spring 2019)