Diana Sterk specializes in pharmaceutical and life sciences matters, with a focus on product liability. Her diverse practice includes major product liability MDLs and class actions involving consumer products and prescription drugs, prescription drug pricing matters, commercial litigations in state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as internal investigations, and pharmaceutical regulatory and compliance counseling. She has tried cases to verdict, and is experienced in counseling clients on litigation risks, developing medical and scientific defenses, and implementing discovery and trial strategy across multiple jurisdictions.
Ms. Sterk maintains an active pro bono practice, including representing Planned Parenthood in a widely reported, six-week federal jury trial in which she obtained a multi-million dollar verdict on all claims against anti-abortion extremists for RICO, trespass, fraud, illegal recording, and contract violations.
Ms. Sterk received her JD, cum laude, from Northwestern University School of Law and her BS in Civil Engineering from MIT, where she was captain of the soccer team. Prior to law school, she worked as a geotechnical engineer.
- Pfizer Inc., in multidistrict litigation involving breast cancer chemotherapy medication.
- Pfizer Inc., as national counsel and expert lead in talc litigations filed across the United States.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals Inc., as trial counsel in opioid litigation brought by Suffolk and Nassau Counties, and New York State.
- Consumer electronics company in putative class action relating to allegedly defective products.
- Planned Parenthood in a federal jury trial for RICO, trespass, fraud, illegal recording, and contract violations, in which she secured a multi-million dollar jury verdict on all claims.
- Pharmaceutical Research Manufacturers of America (PhRMA) in a challenge to a CMS interim final rule to overhaul the Medicare Part B reimbursement system.
- International pharmaceutical company on a risk assessment related to the Medicaid Drug Rebate Statute.
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation in a series of pharmaceutical pricing fraud actions brought predominantly by state attorneys general.
- International pharmaceutical company on legal and regulatory compliance issues related to sales and marketing practices, as well as pharmacovigilance and safety reporting requirements.
- JD, Northwestern University School of Law, cum laude
- BS, Civil Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, Southern District of New York