Mitchell Stern focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation and white collar criminal defense. He has experience assisting high-profile clients with products liability, multidistrict litigation, private international law, and civil litigation matters, as well as internal and US Department of Justice investigations.
Mr. Stern also maintains an active pro bono practice. He currently represents an asylum-seeker from Haiti in federal habeas corpus litigation challenging his indefinite detention.
Mr. Stern graduated cum laude from New York University School of Law, where he was Senior Executive Editor of the New York University Law Review. He was also a legal intern with the Civil Division of the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York, where he assisted with a range of government civil litigation matters, including several False Claims Act investigations.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Stern worked as a maître d’ and sommelier in New York City. He holds the title of Certified Sommelier from the Court of Master Sommeliers.
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2016, cum laude
- BA, Economics and Hispanic Studies, University of Pennsylvania, 2009
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of New York
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- US Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit