Rosemary Szanyi is an experienced trial lawyer who focuses on representing clients in complex commercial disputes, commonly in the financial services, healthcare, and technology sectors. Ms. Szanyi has been recognized as a "Rising Star" in the Washington, DC Super Lawyers magazine each year since 2014.
Ms. Szanyi is experienced in all phases of litigation at the trial and appellate level. She has delivered opening and closing statements, handled witnesses at pre-trial hearings and trial, and argued dispositive motions. Ms. Szanyi has also assisted clients in preparing briefs for appeals in state and federal courts, including the US Supreme Court.
Ms. Szanyi maintains a robust pro bono practice, regularly representing individuals charged with felonies in DC Superior Court. She has first- and second-chaired two criminal trials, both resulting in acquittals for her clients.
- Counsel for payment card company in individual and national class actions in federal court multidistrict litigation challenging interchange fees, as well as in federal antitrust class actions challenging ATM access fees.
- Counsel for publicly traded private equity firm in state fraud action, as well as federal and state court securities litigation.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical companies in qui tam suits under the False Claims Act. Obtained dismissal of federal claims alleging off-label promotion and illegal kickbacks.
- Counsel for pharmaceutical company in putative class actions alleging violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, Robinson-Patman Act, and state law. Plaintiff voluntarily dismissed case with prejudice.
- Counsel for telecommunications company in challenge to multi-million dollar adverse audit determination by the Department of Health and Human Services. Obtained reversal before the Departmental Appeals Board.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2009, cum laude
- BA, Williams College, 2006, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
- District of Columbia
- New York