Sonia Tabriz advises clients regulated by and performing work for the federal government across a variety of industries, including technology, aerospace and defense, pharmaceutical, healthcare, construction, and professional services.
Ms. Tabriz represents contractors pursuing or defending against bid protests, negotiating agreements with various team members, and resolving performance disputes to include contract claims and appeals. She has particular experience counseling clients on compliance with Section 889, other transaction authority, internal and government investigations, suspension and debarment, corporate ethics and compliance, cybersecurity and data rights, and cost accounting matters. Ms. Tabriz has litigated before the US Government Accountability Office, US Court of Federal Claims, Boards of Contract Appeals, and various other federal and state courts. For her demonstrated commitment and leadership in the government contracts space, Ms. Tabriz was awarded the inaugural Marilyn Neforas Scholarship for Young Lawyer Women in Public Contract Law by the American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law.
Ms. Tabriz also maintains an active pro bono practice, including complex civil rights litigation and impact litigation relating to immigration, and is a Professorial Lecturer in Law at The George Washington University Law School.
Ms. Tabriz graduated from The George Washington University Law School, where she served as Editor-in-Chief of the Public Contract Law Journal and a Writing Fellow in the Legal Research and Writing Program. She was named the Roger Boyd Scholar, which is conferred annually upon a law student who demonstrates a lively and serious interest in procurement law. Ms. Tabriz received the award for Outstanding Scholarship at the Undergraduate Level upon graduation from American University.
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2013
- BA, American University, 2010, summa cum laude, with University Honors
- District of Columbia
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- US Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- US Court of Federal Claims
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- US District Court, Western District of Virginia
- US Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- Professorial Lecturer in Law, The George Washington University Law School
- Member, Law360 Government Contracts Editorial Advisory Board
- American Bar Association, Section of Public Contract Law (Procurement Division Co-Chair; Vice Chair, Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Data Protection Committee; 2019-2021 Young Lawyer Council Member; 2020-2021 Conference Director; 2014-2021 Associate Editor, Public Contract Law Journal; 2017-2020 Co-Chair, Young Lawyers Committee; Co-Chair, 2017 Fall Program; Executive Officer Mentee to the 2016-2017 Chair of the Section)
- Member, GW Law Government Contracts Advisory Council
- Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association (Associate Editor & Case Digest Author, Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Journal)