Peter Vogel counsels clients at all stages of litigation in state and federal courts across a wide variety of subjects, including nationwide mass tort actions, trade secret disputes and constitutional claims. He has also represented individual clients in high-profile congressional investigations and related criminal prosecutions and civil actions.
Mr. Vogel has significant experience working with clients in the health care, pharmaceutical and medical device, and managed care industries. Specifically, he has litigated complex fraud cases arising under the False Claims Act and related qui tam actions, and medical and pharmaceutical product liability.
Mr. Vogel joined Arnold & Porter after serving as a law clerk to Judge Daniel A. Manion on the US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Judge Jon E. DeGuilio on the US District Court for the Northern District of Indiana. Prior to his clerkships, Mr. Vogel worked as a litigation associate in the Washington, DC office of another international law firm.
Mr. Vogel graduated from William & Mary Law School, where he was a member of the William & Mary Law Review. He also served on the school’s Honor Council and as a Legal Writing & Practice Fellow. Mr. Vogel received his undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame.
- JD, William & Mary Law School, 2015
- BA, History and Political Science, University of Notre Dame, 2012
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- US District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- US District Court, District of Columbia
- US District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- US District Court, Northern District of Indiana, Judge Jon E. DeGuilio
- US Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit, Judge Daniel A. Manion