Anqi Wei advises clients on all aspects of anti-corruption compliance, including internal investigations, regulatory self-reporting, due diligence, designing and enhancing compliance programs, and training. Ms. Wei advises both multinational and Chinese companies across industries, with a focus on the life sciences.
Prior to joining Arnold & Porter, Ms. Wei worked in the Shanghai office of another leading international law firm. Ms. Wei is a native speaker of Mandarin and fluent in English.
- Advised multiple global biopharmaceutical companies in conducting internal investigations of their mainland China operations focusing on improper payments, books and records violations, embezzlement, improper patient contact, and other misconduct.
- Conducted an internal investigation of the Chinese subsidiary of an international medical device company, carried out business continuity due diligence and trained its local distributors, and led China-side efforts in subsequent DOJ self-reporting proceedings under the FCPA.
- Conducted several internal investigations of potential contract fraud and improper payments by the China sales teams of leading global software and cloud service providers.
- Drafted anti-bribery and anti-corruption compliance policies and procedures for the China operations of companies in the life sciences and technology sectors.
- Advised multiple global private equity firms in high-stakes real estate acquisitions with respect to FCPA compliance and due diligence.
- LLM, Columbia Law School, 2022
- LLB, Tsinghua University, 2018
- PRC Qualified (not practicing)
- Chinese (Mandarin)