Wallace Wu focuses on intellectual property litigation and contested Patent Office proceedings with a particular emphasis on life science matters. He has handled patent, trade secret, and unfair competition cases in US district courts and Section 337 cases in the ITC. He has also been lead counsel in many Inter Partes Review proceedings.
- Represented Hologic in securing summary judgment of invalidity in a patent infringement action involving DNA labeling technologies, which was affirmed by the Federal Circuit and recognized as 2020 Patent Impact Case of the Year by LMG Life Sciences.
- Represented Heraeus in trade secret and false advertising ITC actions concerning polymers synthesis and properties.
- Defended Boston Scientific in a series of patent infringement actions involving drug-eluting stents and secured summary judgment of invalidity on all asserted patents.
- JD, Santa Clara University School of Law, 2001
- PhD, Biochemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1996
- BS, Chemistry, The University of Kansas, 1991, High Distinction
- US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- US District Court, Central District of California
- US District Court, Northern District of California
- US District Court, Southern District of California
- US District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- US Patent and Trademark Office
- Chinese (Mandarin)