eDiscovery for Corporations
Northern Virginia Office 1600 Tysons Boulevard, Suite 900
Who Should Attend:
Legal, IT, Records Management and Compliance. This program is designed for cross-functional teams. Attendees are encouraged to bring colleagues from other departments involved with eDiscovery projects.
What you will learn:
- How Legal, IT, Information Security, Compliance, Risk Management and Legal teams can create a framework to better work together to approach discovery readiness
- Why legal and privacy risks posed by eDiscovery are not just the legal department's problem
- How to mitigate the burden of eDiscovery on operations and resources
- Why understanding Information Security issues is critical to success
- How to manage costs across multiple departments
Many companies approach discovery readiness from a single point of view. Legal is concerned about the legal and privacy risks posed by eDiscovery. IT is concerned about the impact on ongoing operations and the burden on resources. Information Security worries about shortcuts in the process that might expose data to unauthorized persons. And all of them individually worry about cost.
A surprising number of discovery readiness projects address just one of these points of view. Yet Legal, IT, Information Security, and Compliance (and sometimes other departments!) must work together if an effective solution that addresses all of these group's requirements and concerns is to be implemented.
Please RSVP by June 16. For registration or additional information, please contact Terri Comer at 202-327-6502 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Program materials will be distributed at the seminar. CLE credit pending in the amount of 1.5 credit hours.