Environmental Regulation and Commercial Implications 2010: How the New Administration, Congress and the Courts Have Changed the Rules
Why You Should Attend
Environmental regulation entered a new world with the election of President Barack Obama and the 111th Congress. New environmental laws have been enacted, new environmental regulations have been promulgated, and courts have issued precedent-setting environmental decisions. All substantially impact what skilled attorneys need to know to assist their clients in matters ranging from environmental regulatory compliance to environmental disclosure and enforcement, to addressing environmental issues in transactional contexts. Seasoned practitioners, governmental officials and environmental consultants who have experience in the new world of environmental regulation will provide practical advice on the implications of this new world of environmental regulation.
What You Will Learn
- The proposed and actual, effective changes in laws and regulations dealing with climate change.
- The most important new statutory and regulatory developments in the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act and other environmental laws and regulations.
- The new chemical regulation regime in Europe (REACH), its effect on U.S. companies, brewing changes to the Toxic Substances Control Act, the regulation of nanotechnology and consumer product safety issues.
- New and proposed public disclosure requirements resulting from SEC initiatives and settlements reached by the New York Attorney General's office.
- How key court decisions have affected the interpretation and application of environmental regulatory requirements.
- New, controversial due diligence standards for vapor intrusion that require careful attention in real estate transactions.
- The impact of these sweeping changes on corporate and real estate due diligence and deal making.
Who Should Attend
Environmental, corporate and real estate attorneys interested in learning about important new developments in environmental law and regulation.