Leveraging Government Contracts and Government Grants to Grow Your Business: The Good, The Bad & The Ugly
Join us, BDO USA, LLP, the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, and Women in Bio as we discuss perspectives regarding the risks and rewards of working with the federal government as a grantee or contractor.
Topics discussed in an informal roundtable format include:
- How does the current budget climate affect your company's business strategy?
- What are the financial risks and barriers to entry associated with being a federal contractor?
- Is this the best time to pursue Government funding and what are the risks?
LIABILITY AND LEGAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- How can a company safeguard valuable IP assets and avoid intellectual property disputes?
- What type of risk assessment is necessary when considering federal contracts or grants?
- What are the costs of an effective federal compliance program?
- How can companies maximize success using teaming agreements and joint ventures?
- What does it take to set up and manage an effective government contracts organization?
- What type of cultural changes will a commercial company experience after receiving federal contracts or grants?