HIPAA/HITECH Act Final Rule: What You Need to Know
Last January, the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) issued the Omnibus HIPAA/HITECH Final Rule to help reduce the risk of data security breaches. The new regulations took effect on March 26, 2013 and health care companies and professionals are given until September 23, 2013 to comply with the changes. As compliance date draws near, companies should have a complete & thorough understanding of the final rule to avoid breeches & penalties.
The Knowledge Group has assembled a panel of key thought leaders to provide the audience with an in-depth analysis of the Omnibus HIPAA/HITECH Final Rule. In a two-hour live webcast, speakers will discuss:
- Recent Developments and Key Changes on HIPAA/HITECH Rule
- Enforcement of and Compliance with the Final Rule
- Impact of the Final Rule
- Penalties and Exemptions
- Best Practices in Compliance
- Up to the minute regulatory changes
Who Should Attend?
- General Counsel in the life sciences and healthcare industries
- Compliance, Privacy and Data Security Officers
- Biotech/Pharma/Healthcare Attorneys & Advisors
- Life Sciences and Health Care Practice Consultants/Advisors
- Consultants & Clients in the Biotech, Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Industries
- Senior Management