Privacy & Security of Consumer and Employee Information
American Conference Institute's 14th Annual Legal and Compliance Forum
The ever increasing use of social media by employees in the workforce, increase in cyber attacks, and privacy violations with online behavioral advertising have prompted federal and state regulators to create stricter initiatives to protect the privacy of consumer and employee information. The industry is evolving and changing at a rapid pace.
It is imperative that leaders in the industry including financial institutions, retailers, insurance companies, and social media companies take note of the many and different ways privacy can be threatened in the face of advanced and sophisticated technology. Organizations and their counsel must be prepared and have data prevention plans in place in the event of a major security breach.
- Federal regulatory, legislative, and enforcement landscape: changes on the horizon and integrating new and anticipated initiatives into your privacy and compliance program
- Unique insights by State Attorneys General and Consumer Protection Agencies on emerging privacy initiatives, settlement and enforcement trends, security breach notification requirements
- International: managing a multinational privacy program and preparing, collecting, using and transferring data across borders
- The Cloud: data transfer compliance nuances, what should now be stored within the cloud and what should remain within your control, the impact of proposed draft regulation, and best practices on vendor compliance and negotiating terms of cloud services contracts and service level agreements
- Mobile devices (BYOD), applications, and workforces: minimizing threats posed through proven security measures and procedures, response plans and more