Patent Law - 6th Annual IP/Technology Year in Review and Forecast: Protecting Your Company's IP Position
Recent developments in patent law have brought companies important strategies in patent matters against competitors and against non-practicing entities.
We will address:
- Techniques for using Alice Corp to invalidate software patents early during a litigation or during a CBM proceeding before the onslaught of litigation costs.
- Strategies for addressing unreasonable damages theories to minimize exposure, including by way of apportionment under VirnetX.
- Strategies for seeking attorney's fees under Octane Fitness.
- Recent developments & trends in Post-Grant Proceedings (i.e., IPR, PGR, or CBM) under the America Invents Act.
- Recent trends from the busy patent dockets of the Northern District of California, the District of Delaware, and the Eastern District of Texas.
- Recent developments in divided infringement under Akamai.
- Indefiniteness post-Nautilus.
- Upcoming Supreme Court cases, including Commil and Teva.