UK Employment Law: New Rules When Engaging Independent Contractors
March 25, 2021
Arnold & Porter Webinar
If your UK business engages independent contractors, then this latest webinar from Arnold & Porter is a must-attend event. Led by employment law partner Henry Clinton-Davis, it looks at the new IR35 rules that may require you to payroll your contractors and a host of other key issues.
This one-hour webinar is aimed at HR professionals, in-house counsel and senior executives with labour and employment responsibilities.
- IR35: New UK rules from 6 April 2021, including traps for the unwary when engaging contractors who provide their services through limited companies.
- Are our independent contractors truly self-employed or could they claim to be employees or workers—and what's the difference?
- New duties to complete "status determination statements"—what does that mean and what do we have to do?
- Will we now have to payroll all our contractors?
- What if we engage contractors in the UK but don’t have a UK company?
- What if we only have a small subsidiary in the UK—do the rules apply to us?
- How does the UK Supreme Court's recent Uber decision change how we classify our staff?